View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Another outing for Al Chilcote and his Courier "142L" ... 

Post Another outing for Al Chilcote and his Courier "142L" ...
Many thanks to Al Chilcote for this report on his latest fun outing with Courier "142L" ...

"We attended the Carlisle (PA) 'Import/ Kit Car & Performance Car Show' several weeks back. I was impressed with how many people knew the Elva marque. The very first person I ran into was directing those entering the show grounds and when he saw 142 L shouted..”An Elva Courier !! I can’t believe my eyes! I’ve never seen one but have read all about them. THANK YOU for bringing it !!” That sort of set the pace for the weekend despite two very damp days. Then again, one could say 142 L was in it’s natural element….weather wise! Haha

I also met with Phillip Snyder who owned a Mk.IV sports racer during 1969-70 having previously worked and raced with Warren Shamlian who had race prepared a whole range of ELVA sports racers from the Mk.III through to a Mk.VIII (BMW).

So a wonderful weekend despite the damp weather and the fact that sadly I was not allowed to keep the Union flag let alone the contents!! "

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 81.67 KiB | Viewed 766 times ]
Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]