View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
ANOTHER AWARD for the Mk.II of Bob & Sherry Engberg! 

Post ANOTHER AWARD for the Mk.II of Bob & Sherry Engberg!
Good news from this side of the pond. We raced at the Sonoma Historics last weekend .. it was the time to check out Bill Hutton's engine rebuild and the new billet cam from the UK's Mike Brotherwood.

The first time on track ended after only two laps (a loose wire and my fault) but then the Climax and car ran flawlessly for the rest of the race weekend. In Sunday's main event for our 1955-1965 sports racers class we finished 9th, in a field of 35 cars that included a Ferrari Mondial and two D-Jags and assorted other sports racers.

Best of all I finished ahead of the three Lotus Eleven's. Take that, Colin!

The Elva received the "Sonoma Historic Motorsports Presentation and Performance Award" at the conclusion of the event. Two awards were given, one to a PreWar car (a 1935 Bugatti) and the other to our Elva. I was handed the trophy by Steve Earle but I know, as he's said in the past, that "It's all about the cars" so my ego remained in check. It's a nice honor to all Elvas and their owners, for everyone's efforts made to keep Father Frank's dream alive after all these years.

Photo shows Tony Parela (CEO of SVRA); Sonoma and Monterey Historics founder Steve Earle, and Bob.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 206.31 KiB | Viewed 949 times ]
Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]