View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

Post ELVA-PORSCHE AT LAGUNA SECA 18-21 August 2016
I was first contacted by Greg Campbell who has regular outings in his 1964 Elva-Porsche and enthusiastically reported ..
" We had a great turn out of Elva Sports Racers last weekend at Monterey. Nine Mk 7’s and 1 Mk 8.
The most I have ever seen at one event!
Also please note that the Elvas were 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in under 2 litre. "

I found this in-car recording of the race from the other Elva-Porsche entered .. Enjoy at
Shows a great race and superb driving by Gunnar in the 1963 Elva-Porsche (race #4), with an energetic tussle against the BMW powered Mk.VIII (race #196) with a very close finish shortly behind two Lola T 70's.
Driver of the Mk.VIII was Harindra De Silva who finished in third, and of course Gunnar Jeanette was in an superb fourth place in the Porsche powered car. Impressive in deed!
The image kindly sent by Greg shows the final race results from a fantastic Elva entry which if we include the McLaren-Elva brings the number up to fifteen! Even more impressive! Thank you Greg and congratulations to all.

image.jpg [ 357.93 KiB | Viewed 760 times ]
Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]