View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
THE ELVA PRINT 

Post THE ELVA PRINT
Some time ago I produced some ELVA Prints which were beautifully described by McLaren Team member and author Eoin Young ...

"Elva memories of McLaren"

"Roger Dunbar is a champion of the Elva cause and he was interested to know the background of the early link between the fledgling McLaren organisation and Frank Nichols of Elva. Bruce's little team was totally committed to racing and while they didn't have the people or facilities to build the customer cars other drivers were clamouring for, it seemed to be a shame to ignore the opportunity. Frank Nichols of Elva Cars had called at the first little McLaren factory in Feltham, suggesting an association between McLaren and Elva to build production versions of the CanAm sports cars for sale and a deal was struck with Peter Agg of Trojan, Elva's parent company, to build McLaren replicas. History records that these customer cars were known as McLaren-Elvas but I well remember spending a whole November afternoon in 1964 in the Trojan boardroom with Peter Agg arguing over whether the cars would be called Elva-McLarens (which Peter wanted) or McLaren-Elvas (which Bruce wanted). We won.

Roger has produced a splendid colour montage of Elva paintings by award winning artist Barry Herniman including a portrait of founder Frank Nichols, the original factory, Archie Scott Brown in the 1100 sports car, Stirling Moss in his Elva-BMW Mk 7S, Chuck Dietrich in an Elva Formula Junior and Bruce in the McLaren-Elva CanAm car. The art print in a numbered edition of only 400 is on heavy art card, 22x17in, and there are a handful left. The special edition is signed by Elva drivers including Sir Stirling Moss, Indy winner Bobby Rahal, Carl Haas, Bill de Selincourt, Robbie Mackenzie-Low, my good self, and the artist."

These were originally sold at £94 ea and all went to good homes, however during a move I obviously had put another small batch in a safe place, to be discovered a short time ago! They are unsigned, new and untouched, so deserve to go to owners and enthusiasts to be seen and enjoyed.
Will send at just £19 to the States inclusive of airmail shipping invoiced via PayPal. SURELY A BARGAIN!!
Please email me [email protected] before this last few are finally sold.

Attachments:
sample-painting.jpg
sample-painting.jpg [ 18.19 KiB | Viewed 1039 times ]
Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Post Re: THE ELVA PRINT
ROGER,

Do you still have any of these prints for sale?

Thank you,
Mike Scott

Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi Mike
Yes I do have some ... assume that you might want one shipped and I will confirm current shipping cost via Airmail to the States ASAP.
***Total cost INCLUDING Airmail Shipping to the States is £19.00
Sent in a card postal tube and will of course need your postal address.
You might prefer to send those details to [email protected]
Payment via PayPal please .. I send you a PayPal invoice and you can use a card for payment. No need to register with PayPal.
Hope of help. All best wishes, Rog

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 am

One of several similar messages ...

Roger,
I just received my poster. It came through in great shape. Thank you very much.
Mike Scott

A collectors item at bargain price .. easy to order, easy to pay via PayPal, easy to ENJOY!
Do not miss this opportunity ... there will be no more! :)

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]