View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
GOODWOOD ANECDOTES .. The Early Years. 

Post GOODWOOD ANECDOTES .. The Early Years.
I have previously recommending various motorsport related books and here is another.. "GOODWOOD ANECDOTES .. The Early Years" by Peter Redman. This book has just been published by IM Publications and contains many anecdotal stories and images from the era we respect and adore. ELVA content of course but also much else to read and enjoy.

One short 'Postscript' that made me smile tells of a regular competitor who was having a trial in a Lotus 11, but returned to the paddock complaining that he could not keep it in a straight line down Lavant Straight. He pointed out his grievance to designer Mike Costin to be told "Well keep your #!#!#!# hands still then!!".

I recall Frank Nichols telling a somewhat similar colourful ELVA story although his recommendation was not to grip the #!#!#!# steering wheel so hard.

So if you are flat out; your car feels light and wants to wander, then remember the words of of those two wise gentlemen. Steady hands and no white knuckles. It works! Just remember, it's best not to close your eyes!

Peter has just contacted me to say that he will sign a copy for you and send for the total price of £28.00 inclusive of UK postage. If you live outside of the UK, please inquire regarding shipping. Peter can be contacted on 01730 262699
(from overseas call ++44 (0)1730 262699)

Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]