View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH ONE OF THE GOODWOOD EVENTS? 

Post WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH ONE OF THE GOODWOOD EVENTS?
This might be an interesting proposition for those who have meant to get to one or more of the Goodwood meetings, but have not yet made it.

I have experienced similar situations whenever the ELVA Engineering van has attended the Revival meetings, and certainly the events are very professionally organised and are great fun to be involved with. I have not seen the request for a credit card "deposit" previously, but I guess this gives more certainty to both sides that a commitment to attend has been made. I would suggest ask for more detail, but for my money the "MEMBERS MEETING" in March would be top choice.
Some of you guys in the States might like to consider but just keep in mind that accommodation near the circuit should be booked up early and is expensive.
So take a look ... this from Elle Stone ... Email Elle.Stone@goodwood.com

" My name is Elle and I am emailing you from the Event Staffing team at Goodwood Motor Circuit. We currently have some exciting volunteer opportunities at Members’ Meeting, Festival of Speed and Revival in 2016 which may be of interest to your ELVA owners/enthusiasts.

Whilst the volunteer shifts are unpaid, as they are only 6/7 hours in length it means there is ample opportunity to explore and enjoy the event. We are able to provide camping for those living more than 30 miles away and every volunteer is provided with a lunch bag whilst on shift.

The dates for Members’ Meeting have been confirmed as Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th March 2016. The provisional dates for Festival of Speed are Thursday 23rd - Sunday 26th June and Revival Friday 9th - Sunday 11th September; however please note these are subject to change until the formal F1 calendar ratification in December.

In line with event industry standards, in order to prevent the admission wristband being exploited, we will be placing a hold on volunteers’ debit/credit card of equal value to a weekend ticket (£120-£158 depending on event) which is released within 14 days of the end of the event, providing the volunteer arrives for their allocated shifts.

At present, we would request that volunteers are available for the duration of the event, so whether individuals are available for one event or all three we would love to hear from them.

It would be excellent if you could circulate the attached details of our volunteering opportunities as we are keen to have as many motoring enthusiasts involved as possible. We will also be making a conscious effort to place friends and family on the same shift patterns, allowing plenty of time to enjoy the event together outside of the volunteer shifts.

Please do also pass on my contact details to any interested individuals, as it would be great to have them on board. "

Elle Stone
Motorsport Project Assistant, Tony Gaze Building, Goodwood Motor Circuit, Goodwood, Chichester, West Sussex. PO18 0PX (UK)
T: ++44 (0)1243 755051 Ext: 3447

Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]