View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Lime Rock Historics 

Post Lime Rock Historics
Continuing with our east coast excursion, next stop was Lime Rock for their Labor Day weekend Historics. Arguably the east coast equivalent of Monterey, and for my money its a much more enjoyable event.
Slipping clutch at PIB made for a 10 hour drive and engine removal in the one day between PIB and tech at Lime Rock. All worked out fine thanks to the hospitality and facilities of our great friends at Marsh Racing in Old Lyme CT.
My Mk2 ran great all weekend, suffering only as the unobtanium Dunlop racing tires are well past their usable life. Lots of new friends and track rival on my first racing venture on the EC. One of the stars of the weekend was a Mk7S lapping below 1 minute on the technical 1.53 mile track (my best a 1.11).
Looking forward to seeing many of the Elva Forum members at NJ in just over a week. Safe travels to you all.

Attachments:
File comment: Mk2 Elva and Climax motor apart the day before LR. Machined flywheel did the trick
IMG_3801.JPG
IMG_3801.JPG [ 63.41 KiB | Viewed 1243 times ]
File comment: Road test of the clutch repair
IMG_3895.JPG
IMG_3895.JPG [ 94.27 KiB | Viewed 1243 times ]
File comment: Shared pictures of Sterling Moss sitting in my car at Goodwood in 1998. as ever, he was the perfect gent, wanting to discuss engine and transmission configurations best suited for Lime Rock.
IMG_3807.JPG
IMG_3807.JPG [ 105.14 KiB | Viewed 1243 times ]
Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]