View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
CSRG at Sonoma 

Post CSRG at Sonoma
CSRG’s annual Charity Challenge at Sonoma this past weekend saw by far the largest entry in club history, with nearly 300 entrants. This made for large and mixed run groups enjoying the perfect weather. For first time ever we entered both my Mk2 and Mk6 Elvas so the crew were all kept busy. The Mk2 (KDY 68) was running a new Tiilton clutch for first time in a year, and she didn’t miss a beat all weekend. The Mk6 was misfiring in practice on Friday, but a replacement distributor solved that ahead of racing Saturday. Racing highlights for me were a hairy race in KDY with 40+ mostly production cars. A focus on collision avoidance with lots of carnage in front and around me, but KDY was untouched and on the only clean racing lap managed nearly 2 second improvement on my previous best. In the Mk6 for Sunday’s race I settled into the rather exulted company of a Mk8 Elva-BMW and a Porsche 910. It won’t be very often that I can report getting the better of that tussle, so I’ll do so here!
Capping it all personally, our 14 year old dog hung in with us to make the trip, and my daughter flew in from Chicago to surprise me so we had the whole family together racing Elva’s. Doesn’t get any better.
Couple of photos to follow when I can figure out how to reduce the pixel count from my phone!

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:12 pm

Post Re: CSRG at Sonoma
What a brilliant weekend Paul .. on all fronts! Heartening to read that KDY is performing well and that the Mk.VI and some superb driving from the owner showed the way to some later more powerful race entries.
Frank Nichols and Chris Ashmore would be more than proud of you ... great job sir!
Look forward to seeing the pics in due course .. if necessary send over the pond and I will have them tweaked for the forum. Cheers, Rog

Attachments:
File comment: KDY in action .. photo credit Allan Rosenberg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 203.19 KiB | Viewed 877 times ]
File comment: KDY with owner Paul Adams and co-driver Isla who looks eager to get started!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 1.35 MiB | Viewed 877 times ]
Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]