View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
ELVA Courier E1106 accepted for Monterey once again! SOLD 

Post ELVA Courier E1106 accepted for Monterey once again! SOLD
"Think it’s time for this one to move onto someone else who can do it justice. I’ve had a ball. Good car and turnkey."
Elva Courier Mk.IV E1106

History: Raced Thompson Raceway/Lime Rock/Pocono among others in 1968-1972. Stored and lost until resurrected by a longtime SCCA builder and racer in 1990. Competed over the West Coast at almost every track imaginable. Current owner purchased it 16 years ago and it has raced virtually every year. Seven-time competitor in the Monterey Historics/Reunions. Last raced Coronado Speed Fest 2016. Everything current. Have contacted every known owner except the teenage girl who received it new as a graduation gift in 1965 and drove it for only a year.

Car: Chassis # E1106 delivered to the US. Rebuilt and developed by a 30 year Sonoma race car builder/driver in 1992 as his last project. Sold in 1996 and competed with two other owners until the current owner purchase in 2000. Raced 33 weekends under his tutelage.

Engine last rebuilt 4/24/14 by Prather Racing, KS. Entire car shipped so he could inspect and rebuild what was necessary front to back ($14k). Eight weekends since. Everything current.

Engine 1800 MGB. Transmission MGA. Rear/straight axle Riley rear with 3.70 currently installed. Additional 4.22 sold with car. (Completely rebuilt and untouched 3.90 available for modest cost to next owner only). Spare double hubs. Spare axle. Two set wheels (one set Panasports/one set Minilites). Lots of other extras from Petronix to fuel pumps to slave cylinders and more.

Lots of documentation. Includes two trophies earned by the first racing owner dated 1969 and 1970 and the Elva patch he wore on his driving suit, appropriately patinaed with grease.

A truly nice car and exceptionally pleasant longtime owner Lon Walters.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 115.32 KiB | Viewed 1270 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 308.35 KiB | Viewed 1270 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 323.02 KiB | Viewed 1270 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 280.24 KiB | Viewed 1270 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 176.87 KiB | Viewed 1267 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 95.75 KiB | Viewed 1267 times ]
Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:26 pm

Post Superb ELVA Courier E1106 accepted for Monterey once again
Really surprising that this car has not been snapped up, as it has long been in the ownership of a dedicated owner and has a wonderful history with regular appearances at the prestigious Monterey Historics. It has been accepted again for the 2017 event and so if I was Stateside I would be looking at this car with considerable enthusiasm as in my humble opinion it is very fairly priced.

This from Lon .. " As the car hasn't sold I entered the Monterey Reunion again and was accepted for 2017. It appears that I will have a few races left inside me. Doing the Pre-Reunion race and Reunion. About 10 days of fun and sun in Monterey. So I won’t be selling the car until after that extended weekend, so for now, it’s off the market. "

Might be a very good move to talk with Lon Walters sooner rather than later!

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]