View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Elva MkiiB 

Post Elva MkiiB
My MkiiB is for sale.

Has recently got its FIA HTP papers, race ready and is eligible for all the right races!

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Detai ... lva-mkii-b

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:34 am

Post Re: Elva MkiiB
Looks to be a very nice example of the ELVA Mk.II and I look forward to see the car out racing in due course.
A lot of people take an interest in chassis numbers and I don't see that information included in the description .. or perhaps I have missed it? A history trail summary good to read too ...

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 am

Ah sorry - I thought it showed this on the HTP Cert.

This is #100/49

I have done alot of work to get her sorted and of course getting papered is a real task nowadays but she's ready ! Runs superb & lovely handling car.

Happy to answer any questions. Rgds Matthew

Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:09 am

I am sure the seller Matthew Perry will not mind some additional information being added ...
This thanks to Stan Mason in the States who has undertaken much research on the Mk.II and Mk.III models ...

" Matt Perry UK 2016; Chip Fudge 2015, Tom Jones 2008, Richard Scott 2002, (car had single windscreen white head faring modified in 1960s) ; Ned McDaniels 1990, Sid Horman Cal Club, sold to someone in Salt Lake City, Bill Hinshaw (then listed as a Mk.III) California raced at Stockton & Cotati, 1960 Bob Potter, 1960 Dan ? San Abbott 6/7/59 Languna Seca.
The brass.chassis plate states Mk.II, body is similar to Mk.III with set back engine & brake air intake, however has Mk.II characteristics being the stamped front A-arms (wishbones)."

It had been thought that the brass stamped chassis plates were introduced alongside the Mk.III and the Courier models, however the plate certainly appears authentic and the chassis number suggests this was one of the last Mk.II cars built by ELVA Engineering in Bexhill. An interesting example.

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 192.3 KiB | Viewed 240 times ]
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]