View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
ELVA COURIER BADGE 

Post ELVA COURIER BADGE
Elva Courier Badge wanted for our MK 1V T Type prototype chassis number 1125.The car is going to have a respray this summer and needs a new badge on the nose
Can you help please ?
drdanmitchell@hotmail.co.uk

Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Post Re: ELVA COURIER BADGE
I have a small supply of ELVA badges Dan ... will give you a call.
For general interest ... the nose badge is 2.75" and I also have some 2" as used as wheel centre badges on the Mk.VII variants, but now often used as steering wheel centre. Also the larger nose badge as fitted to the early sports racers ELVA "1100". Further details on request. ;)

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Many thanks Roger for replying and the chat on the phone. I remembered that you had these made at a very reasonable price and they are excellent value BUT they say ELVA and not
ELVA COURIER.
I am sticking out for an ELVA COURIER badge so if anyone has one for sale please still let me know ! If your badge has been polished through to the brass dont throw it away as I can get it rechromed
drdanmitchell@hotmail.co.uk

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Hello Rodger,
I am restoring a '59 Courier (100/69L) and would be interested in one of your badges. It's ok with me if it's not one of the specific Courier badges (which of course would be nice) as this will not be a concours restoration.
Thanks, Joe Marchione

Thank you Joe ... have emailed details. Getting in short supply now. Rog

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:33 pm

I now have just one of the ELVA 2.75" body badges available apart from a few of the larger 3.25" ELVA 1100 version and some of the 2" Mk.VII wheel centre version sometimes fitted as a steering wheel badge. They are expensive to make in small numbers and so it would be helpful to gauge interest before I consider reordering and risk having my money sitting on a shelf for years! The more interest the better the price, so do please email me if these badges are needed. Pre-orders will receive a discount on the list price upon receipt of a 50% deposit. These remanufactured badges are excellent quality and from the original tooling.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:28 am

Hi Roger,
What are the estimated costs and the price break quantities? I got one of the Courier badges from you probably 20 years ago. It's still in it's little styrofoam box and probably will stay there for awhile longer but it wouldn't hurt to have a spare or two and a steering wheel center or two if this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks for the resonse Bill. If I can get a reasonable number of 'orders' then I can go to negotiate with the manufacturers and hopefully tweak on their heart-strings! These badges involve a large measure of 'hands-on' due to the very small numbers required and that the location studs are hand soldered in position individually. I have previously tried to keep the most common badge type (2.75" diam) under £50 ea. which I am told is very reasonable (all my time and input comes FREE), however cost prices have increased. Hence my earlier postings.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Message for Dan. I have an old ELVA BADGE WITH COURIER VERTICLE UNDER THE ELVA .IT WILL NEED RECHROMEING AND POSSABLY RE-ENAMALLING BUT IF IT WILL HELP GET IN TOUCH. barryworsey@talktalk.net

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:42 pm

I am also looking for a Courier hood badge if anyone knows the whereabouts of any.
Thanks,
Drew
10/9/l

Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:07 pm

Dcullen wrote:
I am also looking for a Courier hood badge if anyone knows the whereabouts of any.
Thanks,
Drew
10/9/l

Throw my hat in the ring also. Need one.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]