View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
More outings for Courier 100/142L 

Post More outings for Courier 100/142L
One of the more personable owners that I am always very pleased to hear from is Al Chilcote, who owns a delightful Courier which, like the owner, wears a wonderful patina of having enjoyed a life of 'fun and adventures'.
Those words used by Al in his message recently sent on Thanksgiving Day ...

" I fell off the radar for a bit, but all for the good. Courier 100/142 L and I have been having a grand time clicking up those ‘smile miles’ (roughly 3000 since back on the road), introducing the ELVA marque to others while sharing stories with those who know, and collecting more acknowledgments to dust off. Faithful 100/142L and I are comfortable doing 150-200 mile jaunts in a day.
We recently did a round trip drive to Stowe, VT for the annual British Invasion (600 plus British cars attend the three day show) which is about 150 miles from here. Because of a Koni damper problem, I didn’t register for the show till the day before and was placed in what I call the ‘Class of Shame’ along with roughly 30 others.
Sharing this ‘Class of Shame' were E-type Jags, a 3.4 sedan, Sunbeams, Austin’s sedans (types 104, 3000), a slew of MG models of all types, a really nice Morris and a Morgan, to mention but a few.
As we were saying our good-bye's and getting ready to head out, the spouse of one of our members, who has a National Award winning TD, asked me if I was ever going to ‘spiffy up’ the ELVA whereupon I replied that I wasn’t sure as most seem to like it as it is! It also shows it’s originality and a full life of fun and adventures. Her rely 'Don’t you ever want to win an award!?’ At which I commented 'I win awards. Just took 3rd in Class today, have 1st and 2nd's from other shows. We’re very happy.' Needless to say she was dumbfounded and remarked that they didn’t win anything at the show.
Life is a Hoot.
The suspension problem issue has been addressed with a temporary repair, so for the time being we are mobile with some care, until I have the Koni’s rebuilt or replaced.
Hope to reinstall the original windscreen this winter. Al "

All similar stories would be welcomed ... thank you Al and HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Attachments:
image.tiff
image.tiff [ 2.51 MiB | Viewed 1448 times ]
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 pm

Post Re: More outings for Courier 100/142L
Just love this car .. and that brilliant story by owner Al Chilcote who could not be nicer ..
Pic sent by Kim Baker .. much appreciated

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 600.49 KiB | Viewed 1066 times ]
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]