View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
R.I.P. BOB ENGBERG 

Post R.I.P. BOB ENGBERG
I am sure that many ELVA owners and enthusiasts will be hugely shocked and deeply saddened at the loss of our good friend Bob Engberg who passed this morning having developed AML a short time ago.
Bob has been a regular correspondent once he became the owner of his beautifully prepared ELVA Mk.II s/r with chassis #100/27 .. the car was trailered to almost all corners of the States behind an extremely faithful and much loved VW Camper, the journeys shared with his lovely wife Sherry who must be absolutely devastated by her loss; they truly seemed to be made for each other and shared their love for trekking in many beautiful national parks, in particular stunning Yosemite.
I hope that a number of ELVA people will feel able to contribute a few words in Bob's memory.
A genuine gentle man who was a truly enthusiastic owner, racer and great friend ... he will be hugely missed by Sherry, all family members and many friends to whom we send our sincere condolences.
RIP Bob; it really was a privilege to have known you.
RAD

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:38 pm

Post Re: R.I.P. BOB ENGBERG
Really sorry to hear about Bob. Great guy, super wife.

I first met them at Elva deal at Sebring about 15 yrs ago... Was impressed by his shiny alloy bodwork on the Mk 2. Then found out they had driven across country in that VW camper towing the car. Camped out all the way. True low key racing!

After that started email exchanges...

Next saw them at New Jersey Motorsport Park, about 4-5 years ago. Again, he was really going in the old girl. Lost a cam lobe. Put on very decent show until that.

Knew he'd been trying to find another minder for the Elva the last few years. Don't know if he found one or not. If so, do hope they give the girl a good home and respect Bob poured into her.

Best thoughts and prayers for both him and Sherry. Hope she continues inspiring others.

Bob ....aka Okie... Lembcke.

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:24 am

It saddens me to realize that Bob is no longer with us. His enthusiasm for Elva and the beautiful MkII Sports Racer he owned was unsurpassed. We spent several times together (Elva Reunions) with his partner / supporter Sherry along with many hours of exchanging the latest information he plowed up from the Internet on MkII & IIIs Sports Racers. His background and profession of History served him well in his uncovering details on his car that I don't think anyone else would be able to accomplish. He did this through phone calls to family members of original Elva owners and constant follow up. His personality was always with kindness and respect, which also contributed to his success in uncovering information that others would not be able to glean. He surprised me with what he knew was the earliest shot in 1958 of my Elva MkIII 100/65 in the first year of it's racing on the East Coast at Bridgehampton with the original owner Gei Zantzinger. He very sneakily sent this file to me to look at, saying you maybe interested in this shot (knowing I would go crazy). I have enclosed that shot. Bob had many passions with nature always exploring and enjoying the most scenic National Parks in the US with shots posted on Facebook. I enjoyed his knowledge and admiration for the Great Environmentalist John Muir and his influence on the National Parks that Bob enjoyed. His interest was so great that he wrote a book about Muir and visited his US hometown in Wisconsin when trekking across the US on his way to the 60th Elva Reunion in New Jersey. His greatest passion however was for his wife Sherry and reflective when in person or in print though email for his admiration of his wife. We will all miss his presence, but will never forget the relationship and joy that he gave. I wish Sherry and their family the best in the loss of such a special person that touched so many. Rest In Piece my friend. You can enjoy a ride with Bob at the 60th Reunion on board 100/27 on Youtube by loading https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-YDw2-piOk

Attachments:
3.8 Cream Zantzinger 4000 Bridgehampton 9.14.58 JPEC.jpg
3.8 Cream Zantzinger 4000 Bridgehampton 9.14.58 JPEC.jpg [ 302.91 KiB | Viewed 132 times ]
BobSherry LagunaSeca.jpg
BobSherry LagunaSeca.jpg [ 104.33 KiB | Viewed 132 times ]
Bob Sherry Poster.jpg
Bob Sherry Poster.jpg [ 81 KiB | Viewed 132 times ]
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:12 pm

Another shot for Bob with his love of nature & Wife

Attachments:
Sherry Mtn.jpg
Sherry Mtn.jpg [ 118.66 KiB | Viewed 132 times ]
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]