View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
OPPORTUNITY TO REVITALISE A HASTINGS COURIER 100/134/L SOLD! 

Post OPPORTUNITY TO REVITALISE A HASTINGS COURIER 100/134/L SOLD!
I took myself and the Courier to the SCCA drivers school in 66-67 and my brother Bill built a new roll bar before the first race at Crows Landing Naval Air Station in California, but had a DNF due to snapped stub axle. Bill came up with the later roll bar structure as we had been advised by the Tech Scrutineers that the old smaller roll bar was inadequate, although cosmetically nicer with an upholstered head rest.
Before the next race, we decided to test the car at Cotati and things were going well until the crank broke. It was decided to replace the original engine with a rebuilt 1622 unit that ran well and so I used the car to commute to SF every day and quit racing it.
When the 1967/8 winter came, I decided to park it in our garage because the top couldn't keep the rain out at 65 mph! The Courier stayed sitting there while I went racing in F/V cars.
In 1972, Elva 134/L was driven to our new house and sat in that garage until 1984 until I had it moved another garage in Concord, CA. We then moved to Grass Valley in 2001 and 134/L again came with us but this time stood outside the garage and has been there for the last 19 years.
I have not had it running since 1998/9 when my son took an interest and we refreshed the Courier, but in the end he decided on Ford Taurus. Later I removed the wheel cylinders for renewal and never got that completed so currently the car has no working hydraulic brakes. The photos were taken a while ago ...
I think the windscreen is gone but I may still have the racing tonneau cover and the original top and the side curtains. Unfortunately the seats have suffered but a relatively easy fix by a vehicle trimmer and I will find all the boxes of other 'bits and pieces' including the speedo and tachometer.

The time has come for 100/134/L to move to a new caretaker who can take the car into a new era, and so all SENSIBLE SERIOUS OFFERS are invited.

CAR SOLD VIA THIS FORUM LISTING ... The seller kindly wrote .. " Thank you for helping me sell the car; you did a magnificient job and the sale went through after the buyer did a thorough inspection. ". SF

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 1.01 MiB | Viewed 864 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 1009.82 KiB | Viewed 864 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 628.28 KiB | Viewed 864 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 1.18 MiB | Viewed 864 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 1.12 MiB | Viewed 864 times ]
image.jpeg