View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
ELVA Courier Mk.3 chassis #E1079. CONFIRMED QUICKLY SOLD 

Post ELVA Courier Mk.3 chassis #E1079. CONFIRMED QUICKLY SOLD
Thanks to Joe Williams for sharing details of the Courier which is being gently offered for sale.
The build records show that E1079 was ordered April 1963; as LHD roadster, unusually supplied unpainted; black trim; MGA 1622cc #12H638RS21733; sent to Stephens Motors in July 1963.

The seller is Bill Holly who has written ...
" This ELVA Mk.3 Courier E1079 was purchased by the seller from the original owner who had previously bought the car new in from a dealer in the San Francisco Bay area. He drove it for 12 years, put 43,000 miles on the clock before placing it in "rough" storage where it remained for about 43 years. There is a copy of the original California title as well as a current Oregon title.
The car has zero rust but the fibreglass body tells the storage story so will need some work and a repaint, but it is basically solid and straight.
I have the original numbers matching engine for the car which will probably need to be rebuilt, however I have installed another rebuilt motor, have had it running and it sounded great.
The three master cylinders have been rebuilt and I installed a new SU fuel pump.
What is unusual about this car is that it is nearly completely original! It has the original side curtains, seats, gauges, steering wheel, rims, hubcaps and even the jack in the original pouch. Top bows are there along with the original top. Even has the tool pouch with a few wrenches.
I am not exactly sure what I want to do with this car, so I am open to a discussion.
This Courier deserves to be sympathetically restored or maybe modified into a historic/vintage race car. If you would like to discuss purchasing the car or want to make an offer, please contact me - even if you just want to chat. Thanks Bill "
Contact details ... Bill Holly. Email: hollyracing@msn.com Phone # 541-968-2588.

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 129.25 KiB | Viewed 968 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 148.84 KiB | Viewed 968 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 145.32 KiB | Viewed 968 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 139.42 KiB | Viewed 968 times ]
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:03 pm

Post Re: ELVA Courier Mk.3 chassis #E1079 SOLD
To whom it may concern