View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Stunning ELVA Mk.VII (1963) 70/022 Ford twin-cam 

Post Stunning ELVA Mk.VII (1963) 70/022 Ford twin-cam
A very interesting twin-cam powered ELVA Mk.VII that has been in its current ownership since 2010. The factory build records indicate that the car was painted red and shipped to Carl Haas fitted with a Ford 1150cc motor, and a 5-speed Hewland Mk.IV gear box.

The car was bought with log books documenting racing activity from June 27, 1997, to September 2008. In 1997 the car was owned by Joe Blacker, who raced the car until 2000 when it was sold to Hamish Summerfield. He owned and raced the car actively and with success until it was sold to Richard Scott. Mr. Scott stabled the Mk.VII with a Mk.V Elva as Andiamo Racing. The cars were then raced, again successfully, by Alex Quattelbaum III for three years including a Class and overall win in 2008 during the Elva 50th Anniversary event at Sebring.
Mr. Scott consigned both of his Elva’s to Bonhams for auction in 2010. The Mk.VII has been in restoration since it has been in my hands. The rebuild is finally done, but unfortunately I find myself at a stage in life where I should probably retire from motorsports.
The car retains the original 70/022 chassis plate, with a new chassis, superb new bodywork perfectly fitted plus new aluminum panels, new aluminium radiators, new suspension nickel plated, new rotors, new uprights, new stub axels plus the steering rack has been rebuilt. The car has a new seat with new seat belts; the Elva wheels have been refinished and have new Avon tires. There is a custom built steering wheel which is a reduced radius copy of the original Elva steering wheel with quick release (I have the original). There are new mirrors, but these have not installed.

The gear box is a Hewland Mk.V with Mk.IX upgrades, rebuilt by Taylor Race Engineering in 2007. New gearbox parts included a new outer case, ring and pinion, plus all new bearings; it was taken apart and inspected in September 2008 by Mark Wehrman Engineering. It has had only one race since that re-inspection. Accompanying the gear box are 10-14 sets of additional gear ratios used at specific race tracks around the USA.

The engine is a Lotus/Ford 1600 CC twin-cam. It was built by Marcovicci-Wentz with a new alloy block, Richardson heads with re-engineered valves, and new internals. It has seen five race weekends from new, but two of those were not competed either due to bad weather or mechanical issues. The motor has been stripped and inspected, resealed and dynotuned by Ivey Engines in Portland, Oregon, and has not been run since.

We have retained the original chassis, the steering wheel that came from the factory, the additional gear stacks, and have photos documenting the restoration. Included in the sale are all invoices that we obtained with the car and all receipts for the restoration done while in my possession.

Contact Steven for more information ...
This beautiful example priced at US$135,000 however genuine serious offers will be considered.

Steven W. Thayer
112 W. 11th Street
Suite 200
Vancouver, WA 98660
Ph: (360) 607-2658
Email: steve@swthayer.com

Images follow shortly ... added but apologies for the sideways presentation but despite editing and saving, my iPad will only let me load the originals as received. You will be able to see that this car is a superb example of an Mk.VII even with a cricked neck!!

SOME ADDITIONAL PHOTOS AVAILABLE WHICH I WILL FORWARD TO THOSE OF YOU HAVE AN INTEREST IN THIS CAR .. LET ME KNOW.
ALL PART OF THE SERVICE :) HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 324.46 KiB | Viewed 889 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 297.37 KiB | Viewed 889 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 369.54 KiB | Viewed 889 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 443.06 KiB | Viewed 889 times ]
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]