View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
ELVA Courier body moulds 

Post ELVA Courier body moulds
An incomplete but apparently useable set of body moulds of the early Courier being offered on eBay.co.uk at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELVA-Courier- ... SS:GB:1123
A number of Couriers were raced from the Northampton area and were regularly seen at the famous Silverstone circuit most notably by the Trace brothers. Not necessarily a connection but could be worth a bid, although the starting price might put off many. ;)

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Post Re: ELVA Courier body moulds
The seller has kindly confirmed that his late Father had taken on a Courier restoration project some years ago, but due to poor health the car was sold and now these body moulds are being offered on eBay. Difficult to value but it would be a shame if not put to use, particularly if similar cars are at risk of bodywork damage in a racing incident.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:11 am

Unfortunately I didn’t see this post until after the action ended. I tried to contact the seller thru the auction but no response. Does anyone on the east side of the pond know what happened to the moulds? I’m still looking to replace the body on 10/4/L, what I guess might be called a Mk. 1 3/8. Probably early 1959 manufacture, signals above the bumper, flanged rocker panels, and rain dam behind the cockpit. Help???
Bill

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Bill,
I have only just seen this thread and as the vendor is only a couple of miles down the road from me I am attempting to contact him also and I'll let you know if I succeed. In case it is of interest to anyone else I have taken a complete set of outer body moulds from my Courier Mk4-T #E1146 which I am building as a race car in order to allow a light weight body to be made and to be able to repair any race damage. I am therefore able to help with panels for these if required. I can be contacted at bruce@competitionsupplies.com

Attachments:
elva_body_moulds_small.jpg
elva_body_moulds_small.jpg [ 56.32 KiB | Viewed 2853 times ]
Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:32 am

Good to see Bruce ... I did have email contact with the seller of the other moulds and there are of course more moulds around of varying quality. . When I get back to the UK I will bring details up-to-date. There is also a mould for the Mk.IV hardtop as offered with the "Sebring". Would be good to see a central location for replacement Courier body sections .

Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:06 am

That's intersting regarding the "Sebring" hard top mould, is that the hard top as per the orange Courier that was shown at Race Retro a few years back? Could you provide me with contact details for the owner of the moulds? It could save me some time and duplication of effort.
I've also received a response from the vendor of the early courier mould set who advised that he sold them to France, he's suggetsed that he would look out the purchasers details for me and I've also asked for the age or chassis number of the car from which they were taken. I let Bill know once I've heard back.
Bruce

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:48 am

Hi Bruce ... yes the car was exhibited at Race Retro. Send me an email roger@elva.com and I will put you in touch with the owner. R

Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:06 pm

First set of Mk4 Courier bodywork out of the new moulds!

Attachments:
body1.jpg
body1.jpg [ 93.88 KiB | Viewed 2484 times ]
body2.jpg
body2.jpg [ 112.51 KiB | Viewed 2484 times ]
body3.jpg
body3.jpg [ 118.48 KiB | Viewed 2484 times ]
Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Those MkIV body molds are seriously cool! I wish I'd known about them before tackling the rebuild of my car's body.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]