View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Interesting Courier needing some serious TLC plus engine etc 

Post Interesting Courier needing some serious TLC plus engine etc
A 1960 ELVA Courier with US race history but now needing some serious attention plus replacement engine and gearbox etc etc. Chassis number from plate image could be 100/161/L or perhaps not. Certainly has potential so worth a conversation regarding that asking price which appears rather optimistic.
Go to https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/ca ... 90136.html
Good luck!

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 21.3 KiB | Viewed 1219 times ]
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:19 pm

Post Re: Interesting Courier needing some serious TLC plus engine
Rog,
That is 100/141
Was for sale on ebay locally here to me about 4 years ago. Went for about 9500USD IIRC. New owner appears to have done nothing to it since then except haul it 2/3 across the country.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:25 pm

Thanks for the update Joe and confirmation of the chassis number .. I should have gone to SpecSavers! :lol:
Let's hope the new caretaker gets into gear and has the car running and active shortly

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:04 pm

I emailed the owner about this Courier. I thought it might be a good project for a vintage racer. He is asking $16,500 for the "car." It's essentially just a shell with an empty engine bay. I told him that the car required a lot of work but that I was interested in buying it - if he was flexible about the price. He responded with "No worries. I have no interest in giving it away. Being so awful, I'm surprised you'd want it anyway. No need to contact me again." So, needless to say, I haven't.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:20 pm

This Courier is now for sale by Smith Automotive Investments in Lynchburg, Virginia for $16,500. I emailed the owner, Mark Smith, and told him I was interested but since the car needed a lot of work, I asked if he was negotiable about the reducing the price. He responded with "No worries. I have no interest in giving it away. Being so awful, I'm surprised that you'd want it anyway.No need to contact me again." Needless to say, I haven't contacted him again...

Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]